Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Road Ahead Of Us

I was driving home from MPS just a while ago. As I waved goodbye to the 3 carload of my friends (they went to federal highway as i headed towards usj), I was then left alone to continue on my journey home.

I was alone in the car. No one was with me. I only had my CD player for company as it churned out mushy love songs. Damn, how appropriate.

All of a sudden, a silver Waja came very close next to me. Worse, he was ramming his engines and the car was one-eyed-jack. From behind, suddenly came another bike. Seems like a super bike. Hmm..I guess they were racing or something.

I was so scared. I was a girl dressed in a mini white dress after annual dinner. I was driving mom's good old faithful. Alone.

I was highly susceptible to danger.

It was then it hit me.

This is exactly how graduation will feel like.

We're all parting ways and paving our own future. We've ended the first lap of the journey. Now, its time for the next lap. We're paving our own future with whatever we have learned in this 3 years. Regardless of academic, entrepreneur skills or friendship. We are now equipped to face the road ahead of us.

The lap before this next lap was not smooth. But we had each other. We held each others hands as we drove the Flintstone-like-car on to the finishing line. When one of us tires out, there will be the others who will pedal the car. While the rest will be there to encourage the tired out to regain energy. We were anticipating for the finishing line. We couldnt wait. Pedalling the car was just too difficult and tiring. And so we pedaled faster to the finishing line.

We had plans as we reached the finishing line. We all had different plans. Some wanted the road less taken, some wanted the road to Portugal, some wanted the road to the corporate world. We were all ready.

And all of a sudden, we reached the finishing line.

So what? We go on to the roads we planned earlier.


But, the next lap will no longer be the same. It may be a road laden with rose petals. But, reality tells us that it is likely to be otherwise. And, as we drive to the roads we had in mind, we will now be alone. All alone as we face the road bullies. All alone as our tyre decides to go flat. Who will be there to help each other to pedal as we tire out? Who will be there to say "Come one babe! Just a little more and we'll soon be there!"?


But the memories we have of each other: the tears, sweat, quarrels, hair-pulling and boob touching will forever be etched in our hearts. Whether we will acknowledge each other in the future or speak to each other regarding our proposals, we will always have these memories with us.

The fact that all of us want each of us to reach the destination we aim to reach, regardless of which road we will now take is enough to be the driving force. Hence, whether we face road bullies or a punctured tire in the next lap of our lives, our memories of each other will forever put a smile on our faces. And that is enough to keep us moving further.

Here's a song from me to all of you.



Colour, Alarice Thio

Where do I start
Do I start from, where it all began?
No it doesnt make any sense
This feeling or the freedom I have
See I'm not the same anymore
Since you walked right through the doors
And I just cant explain it
And I just cant contain it
The moment that you
Walked into my life
What a pleasant surprise
When you opened my eyes
The moment that you
Stepped into my life
When the world was black and white
You put the Colour back
Into my life
Yeh you
So now I'll say I've got the joy
Down deep in my heart
Though it may seem foolish
Might seem stupid
Why would I care
See I'm not the same anymore
Since you walked right through the doors
And I just cant explain
And I just cant contain it
..
And words just cant seem to express
How I feel inside
From the moment that you..
The moment that you
Walked in my life..


Yes. The moment that all of you stepped into my life, you put the Colour back into my life.

~Princess

7 comments:

  1. oh god.. im crying...
    the song..
    *speechless*

    ReplyDelete
  2. KIMMY FOO! Why are you making me cry? T___T

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Love it. :)

    Yes, the road ahead will be a long, exciting and scary one. I'm not sure how we're going to hold up, but I'm glad that I'll have these memories to carry with me every time I come across a nasty person or tough situation.

    I can't believe it. It's coming to an end. The final week is here.

    *Mandy*

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!!!
    i made another one cry
    XD
    but really kah?? did u really cry??
    u gotta turn on the song n listen to it..while reading the lyrics..

    *sobs* yup deppstress. final week. gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my heart feels so heavy rite now

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm crying too:( *sniff*

    *hugs everyone*

    you people have no idea how much i'm going to miss you;)

    ReplyDelete